With the help of our practices Chester-le-Street Primary Care Network provides a range of services to the people in our area, below are some examples:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Hub – likely the most visible service in recent times is the vaccine hub located at Fellrose Surgery in Pelton Fell, bringing the practices together to tackle the pandemic one injection at a time. We've given just under 65,000 vaccines since we opened on January 8th 2021.
- Extended Access – Our practices work together to provide additonal GP and Nurse appointments outside of normal practice hours across a number of locations around Chester le Street and are currently hosted by Great Lumley surgery on a weekend, appointments can be booked on your behalf by your doctor's surgery.
- Social Prescriber Link Workers – Our team of SPLWs take referrals of patients and provide them with a one-to-one support service tailored specifically to their needs, this fairly new service has received great feedback.
- Clinical Pharmacists – Our team of clinical pharmacists aid practices and patients alike by ensuring medicines and care plans are regularly reviewed to ensure safe and effective care for all our patients.
- First Contact Physiotherapists – Taking referrals of patients with new injuries, muscle or joint pain our FCPs will assess you, diagnose what's happening, give expert advice on how best to manage your condition and direct you to specialist services if necessary - ask your GP receptionist for more information.
- Care Coordinator – Our cancer care coordinator takes referrals from GPs, practice nurses and other clinical staff of patients who are at any point of their cancer journey, from screening to post-diagnosis care. The care coordinator is in place to provide additional support to patients and carers where needed.
Our top priority is the 7 GP practices working together to provide the highest quality patient care for the residents of Chester le Street.